Friday, August 8, 2008

Fatigued of Flagstaff




Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations. I ordered the sausage pizza tonight, which had a "chef's choice of sausage". I had did not realize that "Hot Dog" was in the sausage family. Image my dread as my dinner arrived. The blow was soften by several large glasses of beer.

I left North Carolina at 165 lbs and change. I suspect that this trip will weigh me in closer to 180 lbs, the worst I have been in 4+ years. Oh well.

So it finally hit me today. I'm tired. The car's computer indicated 66 hours of driving and 3,300 miles. I think its enough. I think the kids feel the same way. We went to see the Grand Canyon today, and it was grand and beautiful, and despite the road through the painted desert to get there, it was basically a big hole in the ground. Now I suspect that in time I will appreciate it more, but it seems like another box ticked.

We have the mad dash to wrap up the trip and start our new life in California. The trip has been dotted with numerous phone calls, google searches and lots of emails. The car is arriving early but we are getting to delivered to Grandma's house in central California instead of Belmont. Its early, but fortunately the driver was going this way so we can sync up with it.

The contents of our house? Well they look like they are turning up on Aug-13 but we don't take possession of our house until Aug-14 at the earliest, so a bunch of things need to get sorted out. Our agent, Frank "I have my commission so I don't care" does not seem to want to take my calls and always get somebody in the office to call back.

Oh and we have to sort out insurance, but the mortgage company can't figure out what the replacement value is, despite in their valuation putting it lower than our bidding price. But they need to know my shoe size when I was aged 12, just in case I'm trying to defraud them or something, but how much to rebuild the thing they invested in? Nope, they don't have a clue.

Alright, I'm sounding crabby. Here's a picturs instead.


States
  • Arizona
Food Count
  • Breakfast : Raisin Bran and Toast at Super 8 Motel
  • Lunch : Sandwich out of the back of the car
  • Dinner : Sausage Pizza at Beaver Street Brewery in Flagstaff, AZ

No comments: